How can Susan BLAHg when she's got to;
- argue with the husband about how rude he is to tell her to 'go' after he interrupts her
- research why her yogurt curdled when she made curried meatballs in a creamy spinach sauce
- rub the dog's ears till her fingers cramp
- explain to her son that he is in charge of his own life and if he's happy with sub-par accomplishments in school then she will just lower her expectations for him
- interview the under-communicative daughter at length to determine the source of her teenage anxiety
- Look up the definitions for words from her current reading material, including but not limited to cognoscenti (authority, expert), peripatetic (wandering, roving), leitmotiv (theme), leonine (eminent)
- throw out bags of stale marshmallow and expired cans of chicken soup
- find out what that song was on the radio
She hasn't even been able to keep up with her bloggy pals' blogs because she has no time for taking an interest in other people. Only if you're standing in front of her will you have the slimmest chance of getting some attention paid to you.
It would help if you were crying or banging a pot with a big metal spoon.