7.05.2013

Swing-A-Way


What's an awesome summer without a vintage ice crusher for Susan's cocktails? 

Susan and her Aunt Eileen spent a Saturday going to yard sales. Upon first sight Aunt Eileen said I'm going to buy this for you and then bargained it down to less than ten dollars.


Susan's Swing-A-Way ice crusher's got a pretty gnarly grindy blade thing under the hood, Susan thought she heard a cube scream as she shoved it down there and cranked it into little frozen pebbles for her alcoholist pleasure.


Awesome.

5 comments:

Pix Under the Oaks said...

Love the vintage ice crusher. I am certain my parents had one. I recognized it immediately. Excellent find!

Pix Under the Oaks said...

They also had an electric one, white in color. Looked like a small bread machine and you popped the cubes in a small hole one at a time. My Dad was a gadget guy.

Meg at the Members Lounge said...

Verryyyy cool! Meg loves vintage anything that sports chrome or aluminum!

cheryoncake said...

We had one of those ice crushers and it came in very useful when I was pregnant with my son as I had constant cravings for ice. And so my husband would be crunching it up for me in that little gadget at all hours of the day and night. I suspect it may have been him that "lost" it !!

Cupcake Murphy said...

Since I myself have become vintage I find that I am drawn to other vintage things.