10.21.2011

For a few minutes Susan thought that Thanksgiving was next week. It was odd that she didn't realize earlier how close Thanksgiving was, but she got excited about having next two extra days off. Susan ran through a quick mental checklist of everything she had to do; find out what Aunt Eileen wanted her to bring to dinner, get the old folks from the airport, prepare their subterranean guest room and cram a week's worth of work into three days. She moved a pile of office debris from her calendar and saw that it was still October.
OMG, what a dopey a**hole, of course it's still October.

5 comments:

Bee said...

Maybe Susan had too much Guinness and got confused? Either way I am looking forward to Thanksgiving - but NOT the holiday that comes after that!

Cupcake Murphy said...

Sometimes I feel this way in July.

Where the Fur Flies said...

I had a bit of a panic a few days ago, because I thought Halloween was this Monday coming up. It seems like the calendar is a messed up for just about everybody lately.

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

I am glad Susan was just confused because I do not want October to be over just yet. I love Thanksgiving, it is my favorite holiday but I'm not ready for it. And I hope Susan doesn't think I am happy she was all confused because I wouldn't want her to be mad at me. I can't even keep my days straight. My word veri is haftorty-there is something funny in this word veri but I don't know exactly what it is.

You're Lucky I Don't Have a Gun... said...

Today's lesson: I need to start saying "What a dopey asshole" more often.