3.27.2012

Remember back when Susan had her vegetable peeler epiphany?

Well, it took three months but Susan purchased herself a new vegetable peeler. She also purchased a bamboo drawer organizer allowing her to throw out the shoebox tops. Um, she means recycle the shoebox tops.

Last week while minding her own business in a store which sells such things, Susan ran across the loveliest l'orange Le Crueset.

Cast iron covered in two coats of enamel. Even at a discount it was as expensive as it was heavy so Susan went home and thought about it.

A few days later Susan introduced the daughter to her future heirloom and made a pot of chili in it.

6 comments:

Cupcake Murphy said...

I have one of those and I call it my Sister-Wife.

Mrs. Tuna said...

My kiddo took the blue Cruset when she moved out. Claimed it was her inheritance from her grandma. I miss it still.

The Zadge said...

I said "merde" when I had to pay for it, but "ooh la la, mais oui, ma petit chou chou" everytime I've used it.

Pix said...

The l'orange Le Crueset is very pretty. I don't have one. I think I want one now. For chili. And vegetable soup.

Meg at the Members Lounge said...

It really does render the best beef stew you will ever eat. Glad you are part of the Le Crueset pack now!

Where the Fur Flies said...

I've wanted a Le Crueset forever.