1.12.2010

For a half hour Susan was in a room with a television that was tuned to American Idol. This isn't something that's ever on in her house. Ever. She's familiar with the judging panel through cultural osmosis but she's never seen them in action. She will admit that she liked the juxtaposition of a cockney accent against the android perfection of Victoria Beckham. Or V.
Susan was struck by the the lack of depth in their commentary and their solicitous and superficial manner. The girls sort of nod their head to indicate that they're grooving along with the music.
And, where'd Ryan Seacrest come from anyway? It's as if he was left on our doorstep ten years ago and then mutated into the form we see today.
Alright, that's enough. Susan's done thinking about them.

7 comments:

Dawn in Austin said...

I think you and I must be the only two who haven't watched American Idol. bleh. I don't think we're missing all that much.

TWISTED SUSAN said...

I don't know Dawn, people love it.

Cupcake Murphy said...

Make that 4. My husband and I have NEH-VER watched it. It freaks us out. I hate watching people be humiiated and hates..stuff like American Idol.

Cupcake Murphy said...

sorry for the typos. I was in a dither about American Idol. I hate watching people be humiliated and my husband hates anything like American Idol

Meg at the Members Lounge said...

I often wonder why Ryan Seacrest makes millions. I think the money he makes could supply dental care and eyeglasses to half of poor America.

Thanks a bunch, osmosis.

PS. Meg would like to thank Susan for changing her comment section.She does not have to do openid anymore, and she is grateful.

TWISTED SUSAN said...

Leaving a comment is still a pain in the ass and for that Susan is sorry.

Little Sister said...

We hate all things Seacrest & American Idol in my house. I have taught my family well.